- Ph.D Research Programme (4 Years – 10. 10. 2003 to 10.10.2007) – Degree awarded in April 2008, Department of Siddha Medicine, Tamil University, Thanjavur, Title: Scientific Validation of AYA CHENDOORAM in Diabetes mellitus
- Siddha consultant and Researcher inGet Well Hospital Pvt. Ltd.
(5 Years and 3 months – 1.1.1998 to 31.3.2003)
As a consultant Siddha Physician in the Siddha Department of Get Well Hospital, He has participated and organized Research Discussions and seminars in Siddha system of Medicine. He has presented 14 research Papers in Various Seminars and conferences and also published 2 research papers in Journal based on Research work at this Hospital.
- He has presented 34 Research papers presented in National / International conferences / seminars / workshops based on research.
Received Best Paper Award in International Conference on the role of Indian Systems of Medicine and Homeopathy in the 21st Century held in February 1st and 2nd 2003. Organized by Directorate of Indian Medicine and Homeopathy at Image Auditorium, Chennai.
|Title of the article||Journal||
Date of publication
|Neikkuri – One of the Siddha parameters, Characteristics and case study.||Journal of Indian Medicine & Homeopathy||Vol. 2, Jan – March (2003), No.4, Page 1-5|
|A Clinical Study on bacterial pneumonia in HIV – Seropositive and HIV – Seronegative patients using a Siddha Herbo – Mineral Combination.||Journal of Indian Medicine & Homeopathy||Vol. 4 – 7, July – (2004), No.2, Page 70 – 77.|
|Profile of patients reporting at OPD of National Institute of Siddha, Chennai – 600 047.||Journal of Siddha||Vol.1, Issue:1, July to Dec – 2008, Page 1 – 11.|
TECHNICAL RESEARCH ACHIEVEMENTS AT NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF SIDDHA AND HEALTH INDIA FOUNDATION BRAIN STORMING SEMINAR ON BIRD FLU
- As a scientific Committee member of “BRAINSTORMING SEMINAR ON BIRD FLU” organized by National Institute of Siddha, Chennai (February 2008), I have actively participated and submitted the Concluding Report to the Director and Chairman, Scientific Advisory CommitteeNational Institute of Siddha.
- REORIENTATION TRAINING PROGRAMME:
- As a Coordinator, He has developed 13 modules for Reorientation Training Programme – Expert meet
- he has attended as Resource Person in Reorientation Training Programme – Expert meet conducted on 08.03.2008.in National Institute of Siddha, Chennai.
- He has successfully Coordinated the Reorientation Training Programme for Lecturers of Siddha Medical Colleges (March 2008) and CME Programme for Siddha Medical officers of Govt. of Tamil Nadu (May 2008)
No. of Papers Presented in National / International Conferences / Seminars / Workshops based on research.
- AyaChembu (Tamil) : P. SelvaShunmugam, Siddha MaruthuvaValarchi
Karutharangam, Govt. Siddha Medical College, Palayamkottai – 6, 7th September 1990.
- ManamPathikkappaduvatharkanaKaranangalumathanaithadukkumValimuraikalum(Tamil) : P. SelvaShunmugam, Tamil Nadu Science Conference (III Conference), Pondicherry University, 24 to 26th December 1994.
- ElakkiyathilSiddhargalMatrum Siddha Maruthuvam or Aayvu (Tamil) : P. SelvaShunmugam, Siddha MaruthuvaKarutharangam, Tamil University, Thanjavur – September 1995.
- Overexploitation of Siddha Medicinal Plants in Tamil Nadu: Causes and Cures: P. SelvaShunmugam, N. Venkatappan. Industry Meet cum Seminar on Biodiversity and Information on Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, New Delhi. – 15th to 17th November 1995.
- Siddha MaruthuvathilRasavatham or Aayvu (Tamil): P. SelvaShunmugam, Second Congress on traditional Science and Technologies of India. Anna University, Madras 26th to 31st December 1995.
- Beneficial effects of Allium sativam (Garlic) therapy on prevention of coronary artery diseases: P. SelvaShunmugam, National Conference on Siddha Medicine, Thiruvananthapuram – 20th& 21st December 1997.
- Hypoglycaemic activity of a Siddha combination drug – a case study:
P. SelvaShunmugam, S. Gopalakrishnan – National Seminar on Siddha System of Medicine, Tamil Nadu Agriculture University, Coimbatore – 9th& 10th May 1999.
- ‘MaruthuvathinAdippadaiRasavatham’ (Tamil): P. SelvaShunmugam, Siddha MatrumParambaraiMaruthuvaMuraigalukkanaPalnokkuAnugumurai. – Get Well Hospital, Tirunelveli – August 1999.
- NeerizhivuNoin Pin VilaivugalaiThaduthalil Siddha MaruthuvaKalavaiMarunthinSeyalpadu – or Aayvu (Tamil): P. SelvaShunmugam, S. Gopalakrishnan – 8th National Tamil Science Congress., CECRI, Karaikudi – 24th& 25th February 2000.
- A Clinical Evaluation of A Siddha Combination drug in Venkuttam: P. Selva
Shunmugam, S. Gopalakrishnan, Seminar on Venpadai (Leucoderma), Central Research Institute for Siddha, Chennai, 3rd& 4th June 2000.
- Prevention of coronary artery disease through a Siddha combination drug: P. SelvaShunmugam, National conference on the scope of Siddha Medicine in the New Millennium, Image Auditorium, Chennai – 15th& 16th July 2000.
- A clinical evaluation of the anti-tussive and anti-asthmatic effects of a siddha combination drug: P. SelvaShunmugam, National Conference on Siddha medicine for all ages, St. Xavier’s College, Palayamkottai – 24th & 25th February 2001.
- A novel combination of three Siddha herbo Mineral preparations for treating bacterial pneumonias in long-term HIV patients :P. SelvaShunmugam, K. Selvaraj – Third International Conference on AIDS INDIA, Organised by T.N. Dr.M.G.R. Medical University, Image Auditorium, Chennai – 1st to 5th December 2001.
- Assessment of the therapeutic effect of a Siddha combination drug in the treatment of Rheumatoid arthritis: P. SelvaShunmugam, National Conference on Siddha Medicine for all ages, St. Xavier’s College, Palayamkottai – 2nd and 3rd March 2002.
- Usage of Siddha Medicine in the opportunistic respiratory tract infections in HIV. And,
- The Inherent Strength of a body – Siddha concept P. SelvaShunmugam – International Siddha Congress 2002, Gandeepam, Kilavayal, Sivagangai, Tamil Nadu – 24th to 26th May 2002.
- Plants used in Siddha Medicine for HIV Management: P. SelvaShunmugam – National Conference of Medicinal Plants, their utilization, Cultivation & Marketing. Govt. Arts College, Salem – 26th & 27th June 2002.
- A Clinical Study on bacterial pneumonia in HIV – Seropositive and HIV –
Seronegative patients using a Siddha Herbo – Mineral Combination: P. Selva
Shunmugam, 2nd National Siddha Conference, KalaivanarArangam, Chennai – 27th& 28th July 2002.
- The beneficial effect of a Siddha combination drug in Generalised anxiety disorder patients: P. SelvaShunmugam, K. Selvaraj, S. Gopalakrishnan – National Seminar on Siddha Medicine, (R&D Institutions & Pharmaceutical Industries) Tamil University, Thanjavur – 9th & 10th December 2002.
- Neikkuri – One of the Siddha parameters, Characteristics and case study :
P. SelvaShunmugam – International Conference on the role of Indian Systems of Medicine & Homeopathy in the 21st Century. Image Auditorium, Chennai – Ist& 2ndFebruary 2003.
- Management of diarrhea with Siddha Medicine among HIV positive out
patients: P. SelvaShunmugam, K. Selvaraj, 4th International Conference on AIDS INDIA, Organised by T.N. Dr.M.G.R. Medical University, Image Auditorium, Chennai – 9th to 12th November 2003.
- Role of Siddha Herbal &Herbo-mineral Preparations in the treatment of
Bacterial Pneumonias in HIV-Sero Positive patients: National Seminar on New Millennium Strategies for Quality, Safety and Good Manufacturing practices of Herbal drugs / Products: P. SelvaShunmugam, K. Selvaraj, S. Gopalakrishnan, S. Prema-National Botanical Research Institute, Lucknow – 11th to 13th November 2003.
- Elicitation of prime diagnosis Nadi&Neikkuri in HIV Seropositive patients
- Management of Viranams (Ulcers) in HIV Seropositive patients by Siddha
Medicine: P. SelvaShunmugam, S. Prema – International Meet on prevention, care and control of HIV/AIDS under time-tested Indian Medical System – Siddha. Gandeepam, Kilavayal, Sivagangai, Tamil Nadu – 4th to 6th December 2003.
- Management of KabaKadinaViranam (? Candidiasis – Oral) in
Mega Vettai: P. SelvaShunmugam, S. Prema – Third National Siddha Conference, KamarajarArangam, Chennai – 3rd& 4th July 2004.
- Unique analysis and Standardisation of Annabedi by the code of practice in Siddha Medicine: P. SelvaShunmugam, I. Sornamariammal, S. Prema National Seminar on Modern vistas in standardisation and Gmp’s of ISM Drugs. Organised by Captain SrinivasaMurti Drug Research Institute, Chennai 7th& 8th July 2005.
- Comparative study of Iron ore in two different forms of Siddha way of purification. P. SelvaShunmugam, S. Prema, I. Sornamariammal, workshop on standardisation of metallic and mineral Siddha preparations – Role of modern Instruments, Central Research Institute for Siddha, Chennai – 11th & 12th February 2006.
- Evaluation of Anti Diabetic Effects of AyaChendooram in Alloxan- Diabetic Rats. P. SelvaShunmugam, S. Prema. National Symposium on Current Trends in Medicinal Plants and Herbal Technology. National Medicinal Plants Board, Department of AYUSH, New Delhi and Department of Plant Science, K.M. Centre for PG Studies, Pondicherry, 22-24 July 2006.
- Participated in AIDS workshop conducted by Health India Foundation, Chennai and exchanged opinion about HIV with Modern Medical Practitioners. October. 20 & 21, 2001
- Vital Diagnostic Tools for Clinical Research in Siddha System of Medicine. P. SelvaShunmugam, Conference on “Siddha MaruthuvaAriviyalAayvugal”. Tamil University, Thanjavur. Sep. 22nd 2008
- Concepts of Naadi Assessment in Siddha Health Care. P. SelvaShunmugam, ThamilMaruthuvathinThornmayumThanithanmayum, Central Institute of Classical Tamil, Chennai. 31 March, 1 & 2 April 2010.
- In search of a cure for HIV / AIDS – Past Experiences future expectations. P. SelvaShunmugam, C.N.Deivanayagam, Ulaga Tamil ChemmozhiManadu (World Classical Tamil Conference), Coimbatore, 23rd – 27th June 2010.
- Management of Psoriasis through Siddha system of medicine. P.SelvaShunmugam, shunmugamoorthy Laxmanan, AYURVEDA & AUTOIMMUNE DISORDERS, 15 th conference of Association of Ayurvedic
Professionals of North America, San Jose, California, USA, 9 – 11 October 2015.
- Philosophy of treatment – Siddha system of medicine. P.Selva Shanmugam, Workshop on Integrated Healing, Sanchi University of Buddhist – Indic Studies, Madhya Pradesh, 24 – 27 April 2016.
- Management of Hypertension through integrated Thirumoolar Yoga and Siddha way of lifestyle modification therapy. P.Selvashunmugam, Shanmugamurthy Lakshman, Saravanan Kuppusamy, 23RD Vedanta Congress, Institute of Advanced Studies, University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth, MA, USA. 10 – 12 August 2017.